Bed bugs are very nuisance creatures. Bed bugs are very small in size and reddish brown in color. They feed on human blood. These blood sucking insects can survive for many months without food that is human blood. Bed bugs are known as very frequent travelers and the consequences of coming into contact with them can be very dangerous for you. Once your house infested, it is not possible to eliminate them without the help of a pest control professional.
- Bed bugs not only live in unclean area: Most of the people think that these blood feeding pests are only found in unclean area. But the truth is something else. They are roaming around, whether the area is clean or unclean. There is no limit and particular place where these pests can set up camp.
- They are not only found in beds: Just because they are active during the night and you got some blood spots on your bed sheet, bed bugs are not only found in beds. They come to your bed in the night, just because of blood. Otherwise, you can find them easily various places except bed. When you are traveling and staying in the hotel, be sure to inspect your room. If you found anything suspicious, take action immediately.
- Bed bugs are well traveled: Bed bugs are wingless insects. They cannot travel on their own. They like to travel with you. When you stay in a hotel that is already infested with these tiny pests or when you stay in your friend’s house, you will bring these small oval shaped pests with you and provide them a new shelter which is your home.
- You can avoid them while traveling: Yes, it is a true that you can avoid bed bugs when you are traveling. There are various ways to keep them out from yourself, including pack your clothes in sealable plastic bag, keep your luggage on a stand instead of a floor, and vacuum your luggage after coming from a long holiday or business trip.
- You cannot treat them: If you are thinking that you are able to remove them from your house permanently, you are totally wrong. You cannot treat the problem on your own. To eliminate them from your property, you need help of a pest control professional.
- Bed bugs are not spreading diseases: Bed bugs are not known to transmit serious diseases. Bed bug bites may result to swelling and allergic reaction in some people, but not any serious disease.
These are some truth about bed bugs that you may not listen before. If you got a bed bug bite, it is advisable that contact with a pest control professional in Hamilton as soon as possible. Do not try to treat the affected area alone. Contact to a Pestex.ca Pest Control, we will help you remove your specific pest issues.